POSITION TITLE: Health & Safety Officer
DEPARTMENT: Health & Safety
LOCATION: Various sites in New Jersey
JOB NUMBER: 2020-9999-01
Nationally recognized environmental remediation contractor has an opening for a Health and Safety officer to support remediation projects in the state of New Jersey. Will be responsible for implementing the site’s Safety and Health Plan and have the authority to act in all matters related to health and safety. This position reports directly to Sevenson’s Director of Health and Safety. Travel will be required to various locations.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in safety related discipline or engineering preferred. Minimum 3 years’ experience as a site safety and health officer on environmental remediation projects. Other job requirements include:
- Able to perform real time and integrated air monitoring
- Able to identify work place hazards and recommend abatement strategies
- Possess OSHA 30 hour Construction or General Industry Outreach Course
- Possess OSHA 40 hour and subsequent 8 hour refresher HAZWOPER training
- Current first aid and CPR/AED training certificate
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass HAZWOPER physical and be able to wear respiratory protection
Salary commensurate with qualifications. Extensive company-provided benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription, and 401k plan. Sevenson participates in E-Verify and must verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Sevenson will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc.) to fill a position.
Apply on our website at www.sevenson.com
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran