Design Build Services
The design/build process provides an opportunity for design engineers and Sevenson to work together to maximize value and innovation on projects
Today, more than ever before, industry and government entities welcome approaches that expedite planning and execution of projects. Design/build is such an approach where the engineer and contractor act as a team to deliver a completed project.
As the prime contractor for a design/build team, Sevenson identifies and directly manages engineering subcontractors to minimize project costs. Subcontractor services include multidisciplinary front-end services necessary for developing work plans as well as specialty field services required during implementation phases. With strong working relationships with experienced consulting and specialty field services firms, Sevenson has extensive experience managing design/build projects of varying size and complexity. Sevenson’s Project Management Plan involves formulating successful processes and approaches for managing project studies, investigations, designs, and construction work tasks. Processes include:
- Reaching consensus of expectations and objectives among client, Sevenson, and design team
- Defining regulatory requirements governing all work elements
- Establishing an understanding of reports and data requirements
- Assigning experienced project management teams, and team subcontractors, with appropriate responsibilities and tasks
- Clearly defining scope, deliverables, schedule, and budget for each project team member
- Proactively managing communication lines with all project personnel
- Evaluating and tracking the daily, weekly, and monthly productivity, progress, cost, and schedule versus baseline budget and original schedule
Sevenson’s procedures guide the development of high-quality design documents. These procedures include conducting thorough reviews during the design process to incorporate changes with minimal cost impact. The design document review process includes:
- Constructability Reviews – Performed throughout the design phase to integrate construction methodologies and costs. Materials and processes necessary for constructing the design are evaluated and subsequent recommendations are submitted to the design team. Sevenson’s interest is to ensure that the final project design package is a clear and well-prepared technical document. The documents will translate into a construction project that is completed safely, efficiently, on schedule, and within budget.
- Squad Checks – A second set of reviews focuses on coordinating the design team’s overall effort. Members of the project team conduct and coordinate reviews prior to the 30, 60, and 90 percent completion stages to confirm designs are integrated among disciplines and are consistent with project objectives.
- Independent Reviews – Design documents are carefully reviewed by an independent peer before deliverables are submitted to the client. This review verifies that all requirements have been incorporated into the documents; that documents are prepared in accordance with SOPs; and that discipline sign-off documentation is complete.
- Hazard, Operability, Reliability, and Maintainability Reviews – Reviewers conduct assessments near the end of the 30 and 60 percent stages of the design process. Reviews are attended by the project team and client.
Health & Safety is our primary concern at Sevenson
We have successfully developed and implemented site specific health and safety plans since 1979. With a staff that includes 30 full-time Health and Safety Officers that include CHST’s and OHST’s, our Site Safety and Health Officers average 14 years of service.