Sevenson understands the requirements of low-level radiological and mixed waste remediation
Sevenson’s Low-Level Radiological Work experience dates to 1986 when it performed cleanup work at the Lake Ontario Ordnance Works Site under the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Formerly Utilized Sites Remedial Action Program (FUSRAP). The program addressed the remediation of sites where Manhattan Project and Atomic Energy Commission work occurred from the 1940s through the 1960s. In addition to Sevenson’s FUSRAP experience, the company has executed a number of projects at US Department of Energy facilities and other low-level radiologically contaminated sites.
- Preparation of environmental work plans
- Risk management and development of risk management approaches to executing work tasks
- Analysis of radiological and non-radiological data in soil and groundwater
- Site closure protocols using MARSSIM
- Cooperation with federal, state, and local agencies in community and property owner relations
- In-situ measurement and characterization of radiological contaminated soil and debris
- Radiation safety and training
- Assembling, staffing, certifying and operating on-site radiological laboratory
Health & Safety is our primary concern at Sevenson
We have successfully developed and implemented site specific health and safety plans since 1979. With a staff that includes 30 full-time Health and Safety Officers that include CHST’s and OHST’s, our Site Safety and Health Officers average 14 years of service.